How reliable are the notifications?
The results of the field test that looked at the technical operation of the CoronaMelder app showed that for encounters that lasted for longer than 15 minutes:
- for participants within 1.5 meters of each other:
- around 75% received a notification
- around 25% did not receive a notification
- for participants more than 1.5 meters away from each other:
- around 75% did not receive a notification
- around 25% received a notification (most of these were within 3 metres)
Of all the test notifications sent during the field test, 60% were sent to people who had been more than 1.5 metres apart. This high number is due to the fact that a relatively large number of people in the test group (80%) were more than 1.5 metres apart. Of those in that group who received a notification, most were within 3 metres. The encounters always lasted for more than 15 minutes.